Saturday, May 12, 2007

Holland

Having left Southampton at 10 last night and travelled through the night to get to Holland I thought that I would feel as rough as hell. Normally I can’t sleep unless I’m in a bed but even though the coach was really cramped. I still managed to get a fair amount of sleep. Not my full eight hours I’m used to but a good amount and feel OK ish today. Good days spotting as well. Did feel a tinge of sadness at Teuge Airfield in Holland. I used to have a Dutch pen pal who was even madder on aircraft that I am. Teuge was his home airfield and where I first met him. Unfortunately he died a few years ago at the age on 30 from some for of diabetes related illness. He had just got his dream job as well. All very sad and this was the first time I had visited Teuge since his death. I was thinking of him as I was walking around the airfield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home