Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Train

The train I catch to work in the morning is usually made up of 5 coaches. I used to sit in the first coach. There was a good band of regulars in there.. Mr Eastlegh FC*,Totton Man**, Laptop Man***, Sarah****, Julian*****, Walkman******, Poisioned Dwarf*******, Pink Man******* etc However recently a guy's been getting on at New Milton who would sit in the centre of the train. He had a very loud booming voice and an even louder laugh. Which disturbed the peace a bit. So I now sit in coach 2. nice and quiet in there. However for a change I sat in coach 4 today, (coach 3 is the guards van and buffet with some but not much seating) It was strange. Tables, with seats down the side I normally sit, with airline style seating down the other. So as well has sitting in a different coach I was sat on the other side of the train to normal. Meant I didn't get a view via of the trains in Southampton Freightliner Terminal or of the River Test and the bird life there. But did get an excellant view of the deer in the New Forest. There is a spot in the forest that I see that dear nearly every morning. There was at least dozen there today, looking lovely in the early morning sun. Will have to go there one morning with the camera.



*on at Eastleigh, gets off at Southampton Central... always reads the Non-league football paper and I've heard hime talking about Eastleigh games with people, so he must be a bit fan.
**already on the train when I get on, stands up as we leave Southampton and stand by the door for 5-10 mins until we get to Totton, where he gets off
***joins the train before I do and leaves after me... sits with his laptop open but doesn't do much on it.... heard he talk to others, think he's a IT consuntant.
*****joins at Southampton, leaves at Bournemouth where she catches the chase work bus. Noticed on her rail pass that her first name starts with a S, so I've nicknamed her Sarah. Hasn't been seen for a month or so.
******Joins at Sway, leaves at Bournemouth, works for the Police.
*******New Milton - Bournemouth, always has his walkman too loud but sits at the other end of the cach to me.
********New Milton - Bournemouth, late middle aged woman, looks evil.
*********New Milton - beyond Bournemouth, wears pink sirts and always has sunglasses. Strange looking bloke

1 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Because it a different unit each day. So he must got off yesterday's on at some point to get on todays.... unless they repaint the numbers on the train whilst he's just sat there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home