Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rhod Gilbert and Becky Betts

Whilst I don’t know the full story or what they are proposing but I have read headlines in the media about proposed changes to BBC Local Radio. Now I do hope it doesn’t affect Local Radio too much. I’ve only just re-discovered Local Radio thanks to the internet.

Used to listen to my local station a lot as a child, but became less interested in their Middle of the Road music. There was other stations with output more directed at late teenagers. And I of course I was restricted to just one station. BBC Radio Solent in my case. I of course always listen to their football coverage, especially when travelling home by car from an AFC Bournemouth home game.

Nowadays things have changed due to the internet and digital TV. Via the web you can listen to any BBC radio station, anywhere in the country. This opens up many more programmes. However you’ll need to do a bit of research to find out when the best programmes are. Unless you buy copies of the Radio Times from every area around the country,

I have two favourites at the moment.

Saturday 11am BBC Radio Wales - The Rhod Gilbert show.
I love Rhod Gilbert and love his off-beat programme. Very funny.

Sunday 9am BBC Radio Norfolk – Treasure Quest
Do you remember the Treasure Hunt with Anneke Rice, well this is BBC Radio Norfolk’s version. A huge following from ranging from ‘The People of Norfolk’ as often the over excitable Norfolk ‘Anneka’ (Becky Betts) calls everyone, to people as far away as Tenerife and Canada. Being from Hampshire I think I’m one of the more ‘local’ non-locals is that makes sense. They have a facebook group which we all discuss the clues and the programmes (social media in use there – great stuff). I’ve learnt more about Norfolk. A place I have family and as a result visit a lot. So overall it’s a jolly fun way to spend a Sunday morning.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Louise Brown said...

I used to LOVE treasure hunt, I'll have to check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home