Wednesday, February 06, 2013

What the best thing about working from home?

Was talking to one of the senior managers about working from home the other day and the benefits of it. Sure working from home isn’t for everyone. Some people need to separate their home and work life. They need to be in an office environment to get motivated. Also some jobs just aren’t suitable for working from home. Train Drivers for example. But for us office workers it can have its advantages.

So what did we both agree was the best thing about working from home?

Was it the time saved each day not travelling? For me its 90 minutes each way. That’s three hours in total. Yes, I do put some of that time down to good use. Like writing blogs on the train! But still it’s time that I can claim back and do other stuff. Working fro home you can start work as soon as you get up in the morning and work till late. My flexi really increases when I work from home and so does the amount of work I can get through.

Was it the cost savings. The train costs me £15.60 a day or £74.30 a week. I used to get a yearly tickets at £2972.00 but now I work from home every other week I can save over £1000 but just getting tickets as and when I need to. But sometime I need and indeed want to go into the office and I accepted that when I moved away from Bournemouth it would cost me money to get into work.

So what did we decide was the best thing about working home. Quite simply the fact that you can start your working day………. Whilst still wearing your pyjamas! Oh yes!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Louise Brown said...

I work from home every day and on the whole I do enjoy it. I like that I don't have to travel, I can get up a bit later, it saves me money because I'm not going to the pub with colleagues, I can do non work things if I need to (easier for me as I'm self employed) and I don't get sick. I talk to people a lot on Twitter and have colleagues I Skype with so it never feels like I'm on my own. I've never actually worked in my PJs because I need to feel like I'm going to work, but that's just me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home