Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hedge Trimming

Forecast was for a sunny day, so I was hoping to get in some decent plane spotting via openatc.com during the morning and evening. Fat chance, kept coming over too cloudy. Planned to trim another section of the front hedge this afternoon. No way was I going to get it all done but if I do one side today and the other some when over the rest of the weekend.. Got the trimmer out and realised that I needed another extension lead. Quick visit to Homebase and I was trimming the hedge. Well trying to the branches were quite thick and kept jamming the trimmer, which gave a really load, ear piercing sream when it does. Did one side with the trimmer and wasn’t feeling too tired so talked the other. Big mistake. The second side turned out to much worse that it looked. Produced tons and tons of clippings. So our long term compost bin (with twigs, leaves etc in it) was filled up again, plus any bag we could lay our hands on was filled. Even the big industrial bag that blew into our garden once, and we never bothered to return was filled up, and the top of the hedghe still looks bad but even I can’t reach it. Going to top off the hedge once all the current clipping have been taken away, or composted. Spend the rest of the day sorting out my photos from the Microlight trade day at Popham a few weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home