Monday, June 18, 2007

Car Books and French Pipers

Well the weekend is over. Saturday was off to the book sale near Andover, bought a couple of nice books. Some for myself and others to sell on. Then off to our favourite charity shop in Enham. Again bought some stuff for myself and some to sell on. Then off to Popham. Piper is an aircraft manufacturer and there is sort of a Piper Owners club, with members owning the more vantage of Pipers products. It’s a French based club, but members around Europe. Each year they hold a get together and each year its in a different country. This year its England and Popham. However, only about a dozen aircraft took the risk and hopped over the channel. Mostly French but a couple of Belgium’s as well. Lovely aircraft though. Then the hevans opened. Was going to stop at Winchester Services (Southbound) for a coffee and a snack, but there was huge jams on the M3. So down the A30. Stopped off at a garden centre, Hoping that they would have a small coffee shop, but they didn’t. Picked up a bargain bush for only £2. Hope it will fill the gab in the shrubs we have in the gardens at the moment. The off to another garden centre near where we live, and had a meal there. That’s twice in two days I’ve bought a proper meal, gosh the expense of it.

Sunday was off to the boot sale near home. Hoping there was going to be a guy there selling model aircraft again. We bought some off him last time and re-sold them all at Popham at great profit. Well not bad profit. But alas the weather must have put him ff as he wasn’t there. However did pick up some Teddy bears from a weekly collection series that was going a few years ago;. Bought them before and re-sold on eBay, again for profit, so fingers crossed on them. Spend the afternoon on the PC sorting out more of the family tree. Checking my data against Birth, Marriages and Deaths on ancestry.co.uk. Came up with some more relatives I didn’t know about. Written to a couple of people that might be relations on mine. Then I sorted out some of the last picture I took on my Holland/Belgium trip in May.

In the garden I planted out the pumpkins, and no I’ve not been inspired by the Garden Fete show on TV so I have no intention of trying to grow the biggest pumpkin in the world, That’s a competition I could do without. I’d rather have a nice one that tasted lovely. I mean some of these largest veg entries are so ridiculous and you just can’t eat them. And to me that the point of it all, good food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home