Saturday, June 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Mum

Well today would have been my mum’s 80th Birthday today and as I haven’t been down to her grave for ages I thought that today would be nice to go down there. Decided to do a round trip. Do a couple of caches off the M27. Check up on our Ziegler Passage cache (apparently the box is now back), Quite visit to the airport. Visit the grave. Then off to Lymington for the market and a nice drive though the forest. Filled the car up with petrol. Got onto the motorway and saw the signs saying that the M27 was closed between Junction 2 and 3. Heard on the radio that the Police had no idea when it would re-open. Had the idea to go via Romsey. Unfortunatly everyone else had the same idea. Everything was solid all around. We got to Romsey by lunchtime and decided that it wasn’t really going to be worth trying to get to Bournemouth. Sorry Mum we did try.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Sorry you didn't make it, but I think she would have appreciated the thought. Did think of her yesterday - she's always in my diary, but hadn't realised it would have been the 80th. Your mother had such a sharp sense of humour - I remember the two of us having secret hysterics watching all you lads attempting to sort out cars (very badly, I have to say!!) one time I was down there.

She was great.

A
xxx

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Hi - Congrats to your mum for her 80th. I was just looking for Happy Birthday Mum Cards using google and I came across your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home