Thursday, February 07, 2013

Chris Hulme

Well my MP has gone and now we have a by-election. I await the constant rattle of my letter box as I’ll be suddenly bombarded with election leaflets and other party political paraphernalia. I’m sure the local printing companies are rubbing their hands with glee with all the extra work they are suddenly going to receive.

The election as been called for 28 February i.e. 21 days time. A very quick turnaround. Why it is so quick is explained in an article from The Democratic Society entitled Eastleigh, Quickleigh. A really excellent article apart from one thing that really made me laugh. The picture and more so the caption. The caption reads ‘Frenetic activity in Eastleigh’. Looking at the picture I would said to myself ‘erm, where is the frenetic activity? Looks quite a peaceful scene to me’. And why use a picture of a theatre which prides itself on being an international hub for developing artists to illustrate an article on elections?

Not saying that The Democratic Society is alone in this. Many newspapers do this. My local paper did an article about the snow delaying flights and had a picture of a plane in brilliant sunshine with no snow. At least they got the airline and aircraft type right. They are getting better at that, so many times in the past they would accompany an article which features one aircraft type with a picture of a completely different aircraft type.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home