Wednesday, August 21, 2013

catch up

It’s a catch-22 situation. The busier I am, then more I have to blog about, however the busier I am, the less time I have to blog. So just to prove that I am still here I thought I’d do a very quick blog update.

The airshow season is drawing to a close. Just two big, and I mean BIG light aircraft events to go. One in Germany the other in Northampton. Hopefully over a 1,000 light aircraft at each one. Really looking forward to them. And it a strange was looking forward to when it is all over, so I can catch up on my photographs and other projects I have going..

Talking about photographs. I won a very nice silver plated photo frame at the village show in the village where Sue grew up. Having won 4 of the classes in the photography section I was awarded top photographer. Also had success in lots of other sections as well. I’ll do a blog about that in time.

Done a few more photographs for the British Postal Museum Archive. I try and take photos where I can for them. Same with blue plaques for blueplaques.org.

My main project, my Historic Churches website had just reached a milestone. Well it has for Hampshire. You may recall that I obtained a list of locations of churches from the Ordnance Survey and have been processing them to put names and places to the points on the map. Well finally I’ve got Hampshire to a stage that I'm happy with. The modern building being removed from the site and all the historic ones having names put to them, So now when I get information  on a Hampshire church I know which dot on the map it refers to. Next step is working my way through the Dorset data, Really feel that I’m finally getting somewhere with this.

Football season has started and I knew that it was going to be a rollercoaster of a ride this season for the mighty AFC Bournemouth and so it has proved. We won promotion last year to the second tier of  English football for only the second time in our history. Survival in this league is our main objective. I know that we will get hammered in some games this season but I also hoped that we’ll pull some results out of the bag. This has so far proved to be the case. Loosing 6-1 away at Watford and then pulling off a victory against Wigan. I still can’t believe that last result. This is going to be one interesting season. More hammering and more amazing results to come I think.

One section of my life that I haven’t spent enough time on is twitter and blogging. My twhirl software packed up on me and so did tweetdeck. This has caused me issues with twitter. Currently trying out hootsuite.


As a founder member of the #weeklyblogclub ‘’m still passionate about it, but lack of blogging recently meant I have nothing to offer them. Hope they will accepts this ramble as a blog. At least it’s better than nothing, which is what they have had from me recently!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home