Saturday, July 21, 2007

Wonder how much I'll get

Well good news is that I have once again become a published photographer. I’m not sure why I took my camera to work that day. It was a nice day weather wise. But I don’t normally take it and when I do I don’t normally take it when I go out to lunch. These days I rarely take a lunch beak unless Sue wants a DVD from the papers that you have to go to WH Smiths for. Anyway. Walking back from lunch I saw Yellow Buses new training vehicle. It a new livery. Hmm wonder if Buses magazine would be interested in that. Now I’ve been kicking my of late for a) missing out of the new Yellow Buses livery and b) missing out on the new mini-bus service around Southampton, i.e. City Clipper. But if Buses magazine was going to publish a picture of this new livery, I was going to try and make sure it was my picture. Thumbnail of the pic was sent off to the editor that afternoon and he requested the full size image that evening. I had my fingers crossed. Well today the picture came out in print and I’m chuffed to bits. I’m happy on many levels. Knowing I can take pictures that are magazine quality, knowing that I can spot a photo that an editor or a magazine would want, earning money from my hobby and I’m getting back some of the expense of my digital camera. Well at the moment I’ve no idea how much I’ll get. The last time I had a photo in Buses magazine I got £2.50 but that was back in 1983! So I’m hoping I’ll get at least a fiver….

3 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Fantastic!! Well done, you!! Can we get the mag somewhere??

:))

A
xxx

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Peter said...

ltdtalThe magazine is available in neally all WH Smiths..

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Ace - will look when I'm in next week!

:))

A
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home