Friday, July 13, 2007

Yeovilton

Another long gap between blogs. I’m sorry dear readers. Been a bit busy the last week or so. Last weekend was Yeovilton Air Show and what a jolly good show it was. The Swiss version of the Red Arrows, the Patrouille Suisse, put in a brilliant display, and the mock battle they normally have at the end of the show was a better than normally effort all round. Went with my good mate Paul, Mark and young Jimmi. Took lots of pictures which I’ve een trying to sort out this week for the Air-Britain Photographic Site. Normally its just a rush as to who gets their photos uploaded first will get theirs on the site, but for the first time they have decided to give people a week to upload their pictures and the only publish the best ones of each aircraft. So that’s what I’ve been trying to do, get my pictures sorted out. However there is a problem. The have a sliding scale as to how many pictures you can have in the queue at any one time, which is based on the percentage rate of acceptance of your photos over the past thirty days. Most of the time I’m on the highest rate and can upload 50 photos at any one time. However last Friday I took the afternoon off and went out the Hurn Airport and took some shots there. Uploaded them to Air-Britain but many were rejected as there was already too many photos of that aircraft on the database already. One aircraft had 6 shots from the same photographer, so there was no room for my, rather good I think, shot of it. I’ve had a moan about one photographer having so may photos of the same aircraft. Anyway, thanks to all these rejections, I’ve moved down a band and now can only upload 40 photos. Bit annoying that. Just trying to get as many photos of mine out there, to get my name know around aviation circles.


Some of you may have seen that I’ve become active on Facebook.com. Known about that site for a while but never really got into it until now. I guess I never had many friends on there but no it seems that they’ve all joined up. Strange how many of my friends have join all at the same time from both my work and outside of work. It’s not like they all knew each other.

Still off to the Air Tattoo at Fairford on Saturday with Paul and Mark. Ready to upload load of my pictures from that on Sunday and next week.

Have a good weekend all…

4 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Lord Hutton said...

I hope the weather is better than it has been today
I steer clear of facebook and MSN and things. Arent they for youngsters?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

You're on Facebook too? I'll have to try and find you there!

:))

A
xxx

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Peter said...

You are only as young as you feel hutters... and after the long day I had Saturday, I feel that I'm 190!!!

I tried before to find you Anne, but failed :(

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

I've found you now, Peter - aha!!

:))

A
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home