Monday, November 26, 2007

Dentist

I’ve finally done it. I’ve finally gone to the dentist to get my teeth sorted. I know I should have gone before now but trying to find an NHS dentist in Bournemouth was near impossible. When my fillings dropped out I should have gone to see one. Same again when those teeth that had fillings started to break. But as I wasn’t in pain I didn’t go. I did get pain in one tooth about 8 years ago. I had to go and see a private dentist. He offered to do a full report on my teeth, which I accepted. The pain was just an abscise. Which was treated with drugs at the time. The report came back and he quoted over £1,000 for the treatment he said I needed. He’s already charged me £300 so far and had not actually done any work on my teeth. The first part of the treatment was for me to see the nurse for her to tell me I never went back to a dentist until now.

One of my other teeth started to hurt and hurt badly. Luckily there is a dentist just round the corner from my house that is accepting NHS patients. Lets have a big cheer for Polish dentists coming here to work in the NHS. British dentist seem reluctant to. Anyway managed to book myself in and boy did I get a telling off for leaving it this long. Thing is he was quite right. I have been an idiot for not doing something about my teeth until now. As I expected he gave me pills for the abscise, and told me to come back to have my rotten teeth removed and others filled. First tooth removal was on Friday and it feels so much better. Thursday night was just terrible, pain wise. Luckily the tooth removal was relatively pain free. Why do they have to use such a long needle when giving you your mouth antiseptic?

Since then the tooth has been OK. Get pain when the cold gets to it, but other than that Its OK. At least I, and Sue can sleep easy in our bed now.

5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

You're just like your ruddy brother!!! I have to beat him with sticks to get him to the ruddy dentist, and even then he'll use any excuse to get out of it!!

Teeth, boys, teeth - you have to look after them. Check-ups at least once a year, m'dear, or your sister-in-law will be forced to put you in one of her novels. And it won't be pretty!!!

Glad it's getting better though - sending hugs, but firm ones ...

A
xxx

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Peter said...

oh no please dont tell me that I'm like Keith!!

*runs away screaming*

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

You're twins, m'dear. Sue & I can barely tell you apart!!!

:))

A
xxx

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Peter said...

I'm the good looking one :)

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

You're both stunning examples of splendour!!

A
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home