Monday, November 05, 2007

Ringwood and Nuthatches

It’s Monday morning (boo), I’m on the train heading for work (boo), so thought I’d type out my blog. Yeap I didn’t win the lottery this weekend either.

Work was busy last week. We had our regular GIS user day and I had to give a small 15 min talk, so I was preparing for that. It’s amazing how much time is needed to put together a decent 15 min talk. I do look forward to the challenge of talking to a group. But realise that I’m not that good at it. Nerves make me sweat, talk faster than my brain can keep up and so miss out points and end up garbling what I’m saying. Still I’m getting better with each one.

Saturday we had a little trip out. Down to Ringwood to visit the charity shops. Had a nice Jacket Spud in the square, Also went to have at look at the church. Passed it so many times but never been in. St Peter and St Paul is a lovely looking church. With interesting brass memorial just inside the door, lovely font and great stained glass windows.

Mooched up to Blashford Lakes. First visit here and glad I got instructions fromone of the locals before hand. Never seen so many herons in one place at one time. Great. Nice hides but two didn’t have opening windows which I can take piccies from. Still got a reasonable one of a Nuthatch. (see below) The Screen overlooking the Mockbegger Lake don’t have any decent parking next to them and so we missed out on them. Star bird I was after was a Great White Egret. Guess which lake it was on… Yeap the Mockegger one.. Will have to go back and get that one soon. Also tried to get to a church at Breamore (pronounced bremmer) Should have realised that it would be next to Breamore house. Oh well when we got and get the Egret we’ll do the church at the same time. Lovely drive back home through the forest.

Sunday was spend pottering in the garden. Filled up both the normal compost bin and the leaf compost bin. So over to the worms to do their stuff and make me some nice compost for me for next summer.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Lord Hutton said...

We have a profusion of Little Egrets here. The buggers can spot you a mile off

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharingbin hire ringwood

 

Post a Comment

<< Home