Monday, December 10, 2007

Keith and Anne

Monday morning on the train for work. Got to be a quick blog. The train is running 45 mins late and to make up time its not stopping at all the stops it normally does. There is a stopping train just behind us that will do that. So the actually journey will be quicker, but still getting to Bournemouth around 30mins late.

Busy weekend. I had Friday off work to go to London and go to a beer festival. The plan was to use my free tickets I get with my annual season ticket. However I can’t find them. Very annoying. I found the envelope that they were it, together with the letter but no tickets. So no trip for me. I did pop out in the morning. Over to Shirley to try and get some earrings for Sue, but failed in that as well. Did take pictures of the local church for my church photos section on this website, but haven’t uploaded them yet.

Sunday Sue and I went off to the London Wetlands Centre to watch some birds. Met up with my brother Keith and his wife Anne. It was great to see them again, which at the moment is only once a year. Had a great day and saw some nice birds as well. I
know that every time we meet I say that we have to meet more often than we do but this time we REALLY must. How about in the spring? Do you want to choose where we meet?

Highlight bird wise must be the Water Rail. A bird you hear more than you see. Anne did great by not only spotting the bird but recognizing it as well. Also added a few more to my life list (ruddy duck plus others). So a good day all round.

Train is just getting towards Bournemouth now. Had an emergency stop just outside of Christchurch. I blame the driver. I suspect he didn’t press a button when he should have.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Actually, I think it was Keith who recognised it - I just thought it was a very, VERY small snipe!!!

==:O

A spring birdwatching event is definitely the thing to do - how about Titchfield Haven (am I saying that right???)

:))

A
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home