Friday, December 20, 2013

I don't believe it!

Always been a fan of the comedy series One Foot in the Grave. A well written and well performed piece of TV. I'm also like the programme for one other reason. The vast majority of it was filmed in the Bournemouth area. I love watching it and seeing bits of Bournemouth in the background. We had quite a few TV series films here around that time. Brush Strokes, Waiting for God and The Collectors were done the Poole, Bournemouth and Christchurch conurbation. I once walked out of the town hall and almost accidentally appeared in Waiting for God who were filming in the car park.

Victor Meldrew’s house was in Christchurch. He also did some filming outside Bournemouth Town Hall (the scene where he has an argument with a rugby team about the parking of their minibus). Many locations around the town were used in filming.


The very first episode of One Foot in the Grave is when Victor is made redundant from his security job. He gets replaced by a box! I walk past the office where they filmed that everyday I'm in Bournemouth, as it is just down from the train station. The building used to be offices of an insurance company but has been empty for quite a while. Walking past it this week I was horrified to see scaffolding against it and fencing around it with warning signs saying that the building was being demolished (pictures to follow). Given the importance of that building I don’t think it should be demolished. It should be restored and have a blue plaque.  Another piece of TV history will soon disappear and I don’t believe it!   

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home