Wednesday, October 25, 2006

RSPB

On 43things.com I have as one of my things I want to do as learning to identify birds better. You see, I like to get out and about and whilst on walks I thought it would be nice to put a name to the birds I see. So having bought VHS's, DVD's and books I'm on a quest to improve my recognition of birds. In fact, some might say that I've taken up bird watching as I've –

a) go out on days just to look at birds
b) tick off those birds that I've seen.

Well today was one of those days. Sue and I went to The Lodge, which is actually the HQ of the RSPB. Bit of a wet day but we spend most of the time in the hide watching the small birds on the feeders. Saw two new species for me today. Grey Wagtail and a Coal Tit. Now most of the RSPB reserves and other similar establishments will have a list of unusual birds seen in the last few days displayed somewhere on the site. It’s always been my aim to be able to add to these lists with my own sightings and today for the first time I did. As it appears that the Grey Wagtail in not a common bird at that area. Now how far should my ID skills improve before I mark my aim on 43things.com as being completed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home