Saturday, October 21, 2006

Beth Tweedle

Just finished watching a programme on Aircraft being cut up in the Arizona Desert after they had become life expired. Sue had already gone upstairs to read a book, but I was lounging around on the sofa. Nor bothering to move I decided to flick through the TV channels. Grandstand was on BBC1 with World Championship Gymnastics. I used to watch a lot of Gymnastics when I was younger. I was always in ore of them. You see, from a very early age it was obvious that I would never make a sports person, despite how hard I tried to become a footballer. At that time a Gymnast seemed to represent to me the ultimate athlete. Even today I marvel at the sheer strength of the male gymnast performing a routine on the rings and the sheer nerve of the women doing amazing backflips of a 4in wide bit of wood. And the un-even bars are just great to watch. It was on those bits of apparatus that Bitish woman Beth Tweedle was performing. Now I was already confused by the scoring. Last time I watch Gymnastics they were scoring out of 10. Now it seems that the maximum score they get is 19.5 ??? What a strange amount, why not make it 20... They could easily of done that by lets say giving a competitor 0.5 for finding their way to the gym.. mabye be.. perhaps… Anyway back to Beth Tweedle…. Who throughout her routine I was trying hard not to confuse her with Mrs Tweedy or Cheryl Tweedy or the like. Anyway she went and won the gold medal. The first British Gymnast to ever win gold in a major world event. Gosh - well done Beth.

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Roxana Hojjatie said...

HOw old was Beth Tweedle when she started participating in gymnastics?

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Roxana Hojjatie said...

How may days a week and how many hours per day did she have to train? Did she need any equipment?What were the sacrifaces she made to be able to train so hard?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home