Saturday, April 14, 2007

going senile?

Football again today with the visit of Swnasea. Who are pushing for a play off place. Again travelled by train and again went from the Down line into Platform 1 at Brockenhurst, which got me so excited last week. As this the engineering work at Basingstoke is due to finish this weekend, and the trains back to normal next week, I don’t think that this routing will be repeated soon.

You may have noticed that I’m avoiding talking about the match. Well the first 75 mins were great, going 2-0 up. It really shut yup those Swansea fans. Then they scored two and we ended up being the quite ones. OK a draw is better than most of us really expected before the match if we were going to be totally honest. Let’s just hope that we already have enough points to stay up.

I did do one worrying thing on the way home. After football Sue always picks me up from the airport station car park. As they train I catch doesn’t normally stop at Eastleigh. However, luckily the train I was on did stop at Eastleigh. You see I just totally forgot to get off at the airport station. As we were pulling out I looked across and could see Sue in the car in the car park. Oh s**t, I thought. It did worry me that I could forget to do something normally like getting off a train. OK the two girls in the seats in front of mine were getting on everyone’s nerves by constantly taking photos of themselves, and I was busy pulling faces behind them hoping that when they get home and get the photos onto the PC they could see me. But that’s still no excuse for getting off the train with your caring fiancé having come to collect you.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lord Hutton said...

I had to go down to the station at 10pm last night to make sure M got off the train. She has been known to refuse, but that may have been alcohol, not senility;-)
If things go on like they are, LCFC will be playing your lot next season

 

Post a Comment

<< Home