Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Harry Ramsdens is over rated

Sue and I went to see Ricky Gervais tonight at the BIC. Which I sure Sue will blog about in her blog. Decided to have Fish and Chips from Harry Ramsdens on the sea front and go and sit on the beach. Now it boasts that it’s the world famous Fish and Chip shop. Trouble is it’s just like any other fish and chip shop and so employs youngest. The fish was nice but the chips were barely cooked, and we waited ten minutes in the queue for this. Luckily we had a voucher offering us two for one on meals.

Ricky has a support act in the form of a comedian who’s name I forget. He was quite funny I guess. One thing he did say that struck a chord with me is this. When you are stood on a railway platform, and there are people around you. Does the thought strike you to push one of them off the platform onto the tracks.? Well yes I do have those thoughts. There’s even a couple of people who travel on the same trains as me that I would love to do that to. Annoying gits that they are. But I thought I was a bad person for having such thoughts. But knowing that I’m not alone in that thought has made it more acceptable. Its more of a normal thought rather than a really bad one. So I don’t feel so uncomfortable with those thoughts, knowing that the people around me are having the same thoughts…. Oh my God does that mean that they are thinking about pushing me off the platform??? I’m not going near the edge ever again.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Keep away from the edge, Peter!!! For goodness sake, m'dear!!

Actually, I thought those thoughts were normal ...

Hugs!

A
xxx

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Lord Hutton said...

I always check behind me when a train is approaching

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lord Hutton said...

Peter
You need to alter the link to my blog on your sidebar. Delete the "qc" in the address

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger NigelH said...

Harry Ramsden's, Bournemouth, does indeed suck.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Anne - Will do

Hutters - Linked changed with pleasure

lois - I guess its only the holiday makers that keep it going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home