Saturday, April 07, 2007

Down line to Platform 1

Most of the time engineering work of the rail network are a pain in the backside for passengers but not today for me. Whilst complete closure of Basingstoke station has meant a timetable re-jig, its helped me in that I don’t have to leave so early to go down to Bournemouth for the footie. I did get excited when passing Northam we went onto the up line to go though Southampton Tunnel, something I think I’ve done before but not that often. However than was totally eclipsed later when the train went from the down line into platform 1 at Brockrnhurst. Now that is something I’ve never done. Brilliant.

Oh and the footie was a 1-1 draw. We needed to win that match really to make sure we were safe.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Hi Peter,

My name is Luke Stazaker, I saw your name mentioned in an article about Trainspotter’s being removed from certain train platforms over security risks and thought it might make a good subject to cover about civil liberties versus common sense. After reading some of your blog I would really like to try and put together a documentary about rail enthusiasts and what currently stands in the way. If you or any of your colleagues might be interested in talking about problems you have faced regards to access to platforms then I would be delighted to hear from you. I would also like to hear where the best places to spot currently are, I hear Stafford is a great place due to the amount of lines that go through the station, is there anywhere closer to London you could recommend? Many thanks, Luke. Luke_stazaker@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home