Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dopey Doris

I enter the world that is WH Smiths. My heart sinks, Dopey Doris of one of two people on the tills. That means that I have a 50% chance of being served by her. I hang around seeing if the queue would die down and so I could pick the person who serves me… But no… I study the pattern on people in the queue and join it at the right moment. I should get the other sales girl,. What I don’t count on is the chap three ahead of me wanting to chat to the sales girl, She tried her hardest to get rid of him but he hung around for ages. Long enough to break the sequence and I ended up with Dopey Doris. I just stared at the pile of free books on the counter. I think she got the message and didn’t have to be reminded that, as someone who’s buying the Telegraph I’m entitled to the free book

Band practice was fun last night. Normally I’m following the other band members and just pick up the beat from them. Bit I now have an electronic metronome. So I, or rather that, sets the beat. It is to try and ensure that we play as tight as possible. So I lead the beat, which I really should but in the past I’ve not kept a constant speed and I think that the others realised how much we were playing untightness….

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home