Tuesday, March 27, 2007

More Store Staff

Been earning fiancée points this week by buying the Daily Mail and the Telegraph from WH Smiths. The former has a free DVD of Darling Buds of May on offer and the latter has a Paddington Bear Book as freeby. Now I’ve mentioned about poor sales staff before but never had a rant about WH Smith staff, or don‘t think I have. Anyway, They are a bit of a dopey lot in my local branch. One in particular is really bad. I was hoping that I wasn’t going to get her. Stood in the queue watching how it was going to pan out. Dopey woman was on the left, branch manager in the middle and not quite so dopey but still quite dopey on the right. OK Middle Middle person was serving someone, guy two ahead of me went left, guy in front went right… Great, Middle woman should be free first… oh no… dopey womans customer only had a paper and finished far too quickly. My heart sank.

She scanned in papers and asked if I would like some half price chocolate? No thanks. Or to pre-order the new Harry Potter book… erm again that was a no…

She added the DVD to the pile…

Can I have the book that comes free with the Telegraph please? I ask

She hands me the bag.

Is the free telegraph book in the bag? I ask again

Oh I was getting confused with the DVD she replied

We stared at each other for what seemed like ages until she eventually handed me the book

Well there is so much free stuff and offers to think about at the moment I said jokingly. Its hard to keep up

I was trying to make humour out of the situation.

Her face went completely blank and stared at me - mouth open.

I just hope that I don’t get her tomorrow…

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Lover of Books, Films and Good Coffee Shops Everywhere! said...

Really hope you don't get Dopey Doris today. Fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home