Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Time Management

Well the roofers and scaffolding has gone, but the Council bod has said that there might be a problem. Read all about it on Sue’s blog.

Another Popham Fly-in last Sunday. Didn’t sell that much on the stall but there was some nice aircraft there.

Did a time management course yesterday. They had someone else booked on it but for some reason unknown to me they could attend. So to avoid paying a cancellation fee they asked around for anyone wanting to go on it. I said that I was willing, but on finding out that it was in Creekmoor, I said that I couldn’t go due to lack of car. Next-to-top manager agreed to pay for my train ticket from Bournemouth to Poole and then taxi’s to/from the venue. Which I’m sure will come to more that the cancellation fee but there you go. On arrival at the venue I noticed that there was a bus stop right out side the place, So I decided to save the council some money and catch the bus back to Poole. Wasn’t that good of me!

The course started off OK. The morning session was good, learning about Alan Leikens 6 point road to time management happiness. The 80/20 rule etc. Then in the afternoon we seem to drift off topic a lot and started talking about delegation etc (Stuff I’ve done on my first line management course) So the afternoon was a bit of a waste of time.

Rushing around this morning as per usual, getting ready to leave and try to get to the station in time for my train. Sue was still in bed and commented that my time management first thing in the morning hasn’t improved. I advised her that I had done a ‘to do list’ yet. She jumped at the chance to help me with that.. Thanks for the offer but NO!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home