Saturday, September 22, 2007

Titchfield Haven and Hill Head

Off to Hill Head/Tichfield Haven today to do some bird watching. Been told that there were a couple of Spoonbills at Tichfield there during the week and so was hoping that they will still going to be there. They were!! :) A new one on my life list. However the Roseate Tern that’s been at Hill Head wasn’t there when we were, though I understand that it was there later. However there was some Common Terns, Little Terns and two Sandwich Terns. The latter two being added to my life list and the first one to my 2007 list. It turned out to be a good day for the lists. Another 17 for my Hampshire List, most of which were Life Listers as well.. Though I upset that the great looking Bar-Headed Goose doesn’t count. It’s an escapee. Oh well can’t win them all.

In a way it was nice to have quite a few experienced bird-watchers in the first hide. Listening in to their conversations helped us spot the birds. However by the end the day we were on our own in some of the hides which was great. Good to spend some quality time together.

3 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Lucky you!! We are so jealous about those spoonbills!!

:))

A
xxx

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Think they are still there Anne, Go and see them!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

No time, Peter! Though I would if I felt well enough, groan!

A
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home