Monday, September 17, 2007

Football, Popham and next years trip

Well another weekend gone and a busy one it was. Saturday was off to football. One all draw, though the ref denied us a definite penalty. Worrying though is that two of our players had to be stretchered* off.

Home in the evening watching TV. Nice

Sunday was another Popham. This time the Solent Aviation Society Fly-in. One or two nice aircraft. Sales were good, glad that we sold quite a few book, thus making our boxes lighter. Saw Eric and Lynne from Aeroprints Tours. They are the company that I do my plane spotting trips with. Now I had booked up to go to Shawbury with them later this month, but due to a course I’m having to go on for work I can’t make it. I initially told them to put the money from that tour towards a trip to Ireland that they are doing in August next year. However seeing his new brochure (or book of dreams as Sue calls it) I noticed that the trip to Austria next September is only £100 more and you get twice as long. Also I’ve done Ireland before, where as I’ve never been to Austria. One of the few Western European countries I haven’t been too. Plus the trip also includes a visit to the World Hot Air Balloon Championships, which should be good. On the down side is that I’ll be away for over a week, the longest Sue and I would have been away since started going out with each other. Also it won’t be the same to go to a balloon festival without her, but there is no way that she’ll stand all the coach travel etc.

*Typing this blog in word on the train heading for work. It says that I’ve miss-spelt stretchered, but won’t give me the proper spelling. Now surely stretchered is just stretcher (which is spelt correctly) with an ed at the end. Isn’t it???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home