Thursday, September 06, 2007

Geocaching and rehab

Last Saturday went to football for my first home game of the season. Got a new system there for us Matchday Draw Ticket sellers (and the programme sellers too). Basically we are not on commission anymore, but a flat rate no matter how many tickets/programmes we sell. Whilst we all do try our best, I don’t think any of us will bend over backwards to try and increase sales like we used to.

Went to check on my Ziegler Passage geocache recently. I made the cache a virtual one about 3 years ago after checking on it and finding that the original box was missing. Anyway after someone reported finding the box a few weeks and we thought we’d go and check. Sure enough there it was. We even remember some of the items we’d put in it. I guess it would be nice to make it a proper cache again.

On the walk down to the cache spotted a bird neither Sue and I had seen before. Made a mental note of it and looked it up when we got home. Turned out to be a Wheater. That’s a new one on my life list.

Football again on Tuesday and we finally scored a goal at home this season. If fact we scored two and had our first home victory of the season.

Apart from that nothing much to report. Still got a bad cough, which only seems to effect me at night… (sorry Sue for keeping you awake). I’ll spare you the gory details of my infected finger, just to say its on the mend. Its amazing that it is not until you have a middle finger that is painful to touch, that you realise how often you use it.

Oh have donw more work on the family tree. Found details of great great grandpents on my mum’s mum side. Also found another two people who are possible living relatives.

Final note is to pass on my very best wishes to my mate Henry The Thirst… Let’s hope you can go back to being Hentry Not The Thirst after you come out of rehab.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

A new bird - hurrah! Sorry about the ongoing cough and finger though ...

:((

A
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home