Thursday, September 20, 2007

Money, Band and Robocop

I’m going through a ‘fed up of having no money all the time so lets do something about it’ phase at the moment. So trying to think up way to make/save money. I no longer get a cup of coffee from the vending machine on the way into work each day anymore. That saves me 20p a day. Well it’s a start. On the making money front I’ve added a link to YouGov in my list of links on the right of this page. They were recommended to me by a Geocahcing friend. Basically you sign up. They send you surveys which take a few mins to complete about once a week or so. With the majority of surveys paying 50p for each completed one. Once you get to £50 you’ll get a cheque in the post. OK at 50p a time it does take quite a few years to get to £50, but for a few mins a week I think it will be worth it. You can boost your earnings by recruiting friends, hence me putting the link on my blog.

Band practice last night. Good fun. I feel that I’m getting better but realize that there is so much I’ve still got to learn and a huge amount of practice I need to get things sounding good. Also there is the need to sit down and totally learn the songs. Yes I know the songs, but I’m talking down to a level where I know each beat of each bar. This will help with fills and knowing when I should be changing the pattern that I’m playing.

Having a bit of a sort out of stuff at home. Got boxes in loft, cupboard and under work surfaces that haven’t been touched for ages. Wanting to go through them all and sort out what we can sell, what we want to keep etc Sorting out our books and videos as well. Listed some of the books on the excellent readitswapit web site. Where you can swap books that you’ve already read, for books that you haven’t. Sue typed out a list of videos we don’t want and I’ll put it on our Intranet at work and try and sell them. Anyone want all three Robocop films???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home