Monday, February 19, 2007

Have lap top will blog

Well again I’ve missed my early morning train to work and so having to wait an hour for the next one to Bournemouth. So as I write this I’m sat on Eastliegh station catching up with my blogs. I hope that I can catch up to date because I know that you are all interested in what’s happening in my life now, not a month ago.

I think this morning I’ll catch the Totton stopping service and change at Southampton. This has two advantages.

1) It will probably be operated by one of the unites recently transferred to South West Trains from TransPennine. Really disappointed in the new units. They used to be three car units, where as the ones they are replacing, the class 170’s are only two, but someone has stolen the middle unit of them on their way down South and so they are now only two car units, and really cramped they are. I was hoping that when I do ride on them on my trip home each day that I will get a seat but doesn’t look like that that will happen.

2) The next train to Bournemouth is normally quite full as far as Southampton, so by getting on it there I can get a seat.

Oops train coming, will finish later.

---------------------------

OK moved on now to Southampton Station, quite here due to School Holidays. Just before my train departs there is a service to Cardiff (via Romsey, Salisbury, Bristol) and there is a whole bunch of school kids who get on, who make the St Trinian’s kids look like angels. There is such a scrum for the train when it gets to Southampton. I pity any little of lady trying to get on, She would get crushed by gangs of school kids trying to get themselves a seat. Anyway no kids around today. Cardiff service is running 7 mins late as well. No excuse given. At least my train looks like its on time… and here it comes, will finish later

---------------------------

OK now on the train. Reflecting on evens over the weekend. Found out that my sister-in-law Anne has a blog, interesting read, much more interesting that the rubbish I churn out. She also on myspace.com, so I obtained my own page on there and this blog will be the first one copied onto my space on there. With in a day and old school friend found it and sent me a note. Carl was once a big part of my life, we did a lot together. I was chatting to him one day about my (then) bus and plane spotting and he said that if he did any sort of spotting that he would do train spotting, so we gave it a go. I can’t remember exactly but I don’t think he did it for very long but as you know, I haven’t stopped yet. We slowly drifted apart after that. I guess I spent all my time down at the station with my new train spotting friends, Sorry Carl, you were a good friend, even if you did lie all the time about you and Cindy Roles. And there was the time when I broke my ankle and you just went into my house and sat down, leaving me to crawl into the house on all fours, Yeah come to think of it you were quite a b’stad, weren’t you….. LOL seriously, great to hear from him, we have a lot of catching up to do.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Cindy? Carl?? Broken limbs? I think we need the full story here, you know!!!!!

==:O

A
xxx

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Carl was my bst mate for a number of years at secondard school, I was with him when I fell off my bike and broke a bone in my ankle. Cindy was in the year above us. We used to hang out with her and her mates. I think secretly we all had a crush on her. I know I did at the time.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Anne Brooke said...

Ah, now I think it all must be Cindy's fault - thank goodness Sue came along when she did!!

:))

A
xxx

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Peter said...

I don't think Cindy knew what was going on, I'm sure she never knew that Carl spent the whole of one summer making up stories that he was going out with her. I don't think that it affected her, but I did see on friends reunited ages ago that she was living down in New Zealand now. So perhaps she did want to get away...

But that's all water under the bridge now. I'm really glad that it all worked out as it has and that I'm now with Sue. It's starnge to think that just one small change back then would have altered everything and I might not have met Sue and that would have been terrible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home