Monday, February 26, 2007

Not my day

Ever had one of those days. Started off by me missing the train. So I had to hang around for an hour for the next one. Still a couple of freight train movements helped passed the time. Train was bust, tried to read a book on Photoshop but found it hard. Walking into work go stopped by the normal group of beggars, all of which were asking for 15p or 20p for a mother days present. How strange. They anyone who walked past them they would hurl a mouthful of abuse at them. Seeing that made me double sure that they weren't going to get a penny from me and yes I got the same abuse.
Popped into WH Smiths was there browsing through the magazine when the group of beggars walked in. Went straight to the sweet counter, filled their pockets with nutra-grain bars and flapjacks. Picked up hand full of crisps and other chocolates and just walked out. And the staff did bugger all about it. Was tempted to do the same but I bet they would prosecute me.
Went into work, tripped on a step hurting my wrist and shin. Managed to get to my desk without further incident. I decided that my normal visit to the coffee machine was just too dangerous.

Wanted to buy a new bike pump on the way home as the one I have is rubbish. You pump up the tyre only so much, they it seems to start taking air out of the tyre. I was pumping away for 35 mins last night and ended up knackered and with less air in the tyre then when I started. Meant that ever time I tried to go round a corner the wheel would feel like it was slipping from me. Also some of the road camber on the streets of Eastleigh leave a lot to be desired. So it was getting quite bad. So a new pump was needed. Halfords have a shop next to the station in Bournemouth. Feeling lazy I caught the bus up to the station. I went to get up from my seat on the bus I felt my trousers catch something and rip. Sure enough there was a small hole in the middle of the trousers. But nothing that would show. Bought a BIG pump. I’m sure the price on the shelf was £15, but was only charged £8. Hurrah something going right for me today.

On the train no problem but leaving my seat again my trousers felt like it had caught something. Looking down I say a patch of gum. Oh S**t I must have sat on someone’s gum on the bus. Yeap, one big white patch all over my bum… Just wanted to get home. Sue saw my big pump and says that it looked like I was going to blow something up because it looked like on of those plungers that dynamite people us. It turns out to be a very good pump. Within a minute of starting to pump up the bike tyre. A huge explosion was heard, The picture showing the damage.




Just not my day. Even the Bacardi Breezer I opened just before writing this blog fizzed up and all over the side.


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Lover of Books, Films and Good Coffee Shops Everywhere! said...

You had a Bicardi Breezer? Hmmm seems I am livng with a secret drinker.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Peter said...

I was the last one left over from Christmas....

I was thirsty and we haven't got much milk left

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have those days! Hope the rest of the week is better!

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home