Saturday, March 03, 2007

Too much Violence

Few days since I last blogged – sorry about that dear reader.

Wednesday’s band practice was a good laugh as normal. However, playing our hard punk tune ‘Faith in you’ I managed to break a drum stick. They slowly wear out when you play them, so I knew that it was going to go soon. What did surprise me was that I also broke one of sticks in my spare pair.. Perhaps I was being a bit too violent.

Thursdays train trip home was good. Had an e-mail conversation during the week with a fellow plane spotter who works on the railway. Well a change in shift meant he was the guard on my train home tonight. Nice to meet him and have a good chat. Just before Brockenhurst he went off to do his duties, only to return a minute later with a free cup of tea for me, that he obtained from the shop. Many thanks, very refreshing. Then had a text from the boss. Normally texts from bosses aren’t good news and should be avoided at all costs, however my immediate line manager is great, even if the rest of them are a bunch of *&%$^^%. Anyway, we were getting a new scanner at work and I asked him if we could get one that scans 35mm slides, as we might need it in future. OK he knew that I wanted to scan all my aircraft slides and the text was to say, bring in some slides, for testing purposes of course, as the scanner had just been delivered. Great News

Friday – Tested the new scanner at work. It’s OK, colours aren’t great. Will have to play with the settings, but some of them are coming out OK. Example is http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1044253/

Got a new ‘Drivers Eye View’ video off eBay. Birmingham Cross City route. Been on the look out for ages for it. For those that don’t know it a video showing the view the train driver gets when he’s driving the train. On the ones produced by Video 125, there is also a commentary talking about the line and the places you are passing through. If you are ever in Birmingham have a look out for the cross city trains. They don’t half many funny noises are they full away.

That brings us to today, Saturday. Off to football later. Hoping for a Bournemouth win.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home